Keep the Beat Philadelphia
Sponsored by Cardiac Science, DERII Foundation and CPAT Network Inc. have collaborated to place Automated External Defibrillators into public facilities in the City of Philadelphia.
This program is designed to:
- Place Automated External Defibrillators into public facilities in the City of Philadelphia. (e.g., Recreation Centers, City Hall, PAL Centers, Boys and Girls Clubs, Fitness Centers).
- Provide CPR/AED training the surrounding communities of Philadelphia .
- Increase the survival rate of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Philadelphia.
- Push for legislation to mandate AEDs be placed in all city government buildings and recreation facilities.
After being awarded a federal grant for new defibrillators, the Philadelphia Fire Department, aware of our efforts, donated all of their old AEDs to Parks and Recreation (source). That means 150 defibrillators in Philadelphia area Rec Centers and public facilities.
Special AED donation went to Green Tree School, a school for autistic kids.
Recreation centers that have received AED Programs:
- Daniel E. Rumph II Recreation Center
- Finley Recreation Center
- Hank Gather Recreation Center
- Fox Chase Recreation Center
- Murphy Recreation Center
- Fellowship Recreation Center
- Carousel House Recreation Center
- Rivera Recreation Center
- Bridesburg Recreation Center
- Feltonville Recreation Center
- and many more.